A radon test is taken to determine the amounts of radon inside the house. Radon is a radioactive gas that is caused by the breakdown of uranium in the ground. Because radon is a light gas it will flow from the ground up through the house. As it enters the house it can become trapped causing higher amounts of radon to collect inside the house. One area in a central location of the home will be tested with a radon test kit, this kit will be left at the property for a minimum of 72 hrs. Then kit will then be sent next day air to a lab for analysis, the lab report will be available 3 days after the lab receives it.